Sunday, October 09, 2005

What's up?

Promotion
I've been busy for the last month and a half. Perhaps too lazy to blog after starting on setting up my Fedora Linux box. Or maybe I just enjoyed a moment of feeling good after being promoted and having a considerably competetive salary increase that I've been expecting four months earlier. I never thought this promotion would really have a great effect on me. It's probably not the promotion but the salary increase that went with it.

Fantasy Football
Hey, it's football season once again! I had too many excuses for not really updating my blog but one of the major reasons is that I've been very busy for the last month participating in one of the fantasy football leagues over the internet. This has been an annual event since my friends,(former) co-workers and I started in 2001. The event seems to be a way of keeping in touch with friends across the continent.

Photography

I finally bought myself a Nikon N75 35mm SLR and started studying photography. I had to do some research over the library on aperture opening and shutter speed to make sure I get things right. Though initial shots have been preety disappointing, I must say my second roll of film showed promising signs that I am already planning to set up a photoblog in the near future.

Music
I finally bought a CD(actually 2 CDs) after three years. I bought two Ben Folds' album : Rockin' the Suburbs and Songs for Silverman. I just wanted to get my piano groove back again. I haven't been playing seriously for the last two and a half years and listening to Ben Folds' music has inspired me to get back to playing piano seriously and concentrate on honing my craft. It has been a lifelong dream to write a decent song that can be shared with other people. Perhaps I would be sharing my mp3s over the web soon.

Wikipedia
I have been addicted to Wikipedia for the last week since I discovered it last week. I have heard of Wikipedia before but I never believed that those stuff could work. I mean, people from all over the world contributing to the Great Encyclopedia and you do not even know if you can trust the information that gets written there. But when I learned that it uses the Open Source concept, I must say it's headed to the right direction.



Lennon
Today is the 9th of October and John Lennon fans(including me) are celebrating this man's birthday. He is known to be the driving force behind The Beatles and a rock and roll legend that inspired a lot of successful musicians today. My favorite Lennon songs include Strawberry Fields Forever, Imagine, Woman, Nowhere Man and In My Life.

Netflix
I finally switched to Netflix which I find really more economical than my Blockbuster Movie Pass. With Netflix, I could save a trip to the Blockbuster store. Waiting time was not really a problem, especially in weekdays. Netflix - $17.99/month.

More...
I probably would like to write more ... about Java 5.0, Java EE, VoIP, new interesting Fall TV Shows ... I hope I could find time in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read Keith's Daily Blog
Re: A Reader on Customer Sat In response to Mr. Barcellos' comments about Call Center Magazine's article, How Much Should You Satisfy Customers? , I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that assuring customer ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!